[Texmacs-dev] Re: Title bug, nested document nodes

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Title bug, nested document nodes
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:11:47 +0200

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:12:49PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > I have established a procedure which I believe reproduces that bug,
> > and put a description online at that address:
> >
> > http://alqua.com/tmresources/bug%20-%20multiparagraph%20article%20title
> >
> > Please notify us if your problem was a different one.
>
> This problem should be fixed in version 1.0.0.18;
> "return" will now automatically start the author name.

Okay, so the user is expected to use new-line for multi-line titles
(see the Wiki and texmacs-users). I would not like to discuss this
issue here, but I have a related concern.

We can reasonably expect the informed user to discover this M-enter
binding by trial-and-error, but for this to be possible, S-enter must
no put the 'title' environment in an unrevertible state, with a nested
'document' node.

By the way, I just noticed that when 'title' contains a nested
'environment' node, the 'new-line' tag no longer has any effect...

My suggestion is changing the 'backspace' action so that when an
environment with a nested 'document' goes back to a single paragraph,
the nested 'document' node is removed. Of course, not in tables...

What problems are there with that proposal?

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org