Re: [Texmacs-dev] enums patch

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] enums patch
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:32:57 +0200 (MET DST)

> I have solved problems mixing Qt code and TeXmacs code.  I have
> manually adapted makefiles generated by the the automake and the C code
> is more complicated that it can be. So this is not really complete.
> If you want to see where I am at, I can post that code somewhere at
> mongueurs.net.

Great; yes of course we would be interested to take a look.
Please give us an URL where to download the source code.
Notice however that I will be at a summer school next week,
so I probably will not have time to do much then.

> I forgot to mention that the DEBUG macro conflicts with a macro with
> the same name in Qt.  Similarly the macro EXTEND (in reference
> counting code) conflicts with a macro by the same name in Perl
> headers.  This is an inconvenience not a problem because it can be
> solved by #undef the macro at the right place.

OK, so I should rename DEBUG -> TM_DEBUG and think about
something else for EXTEND.

> I am using the glue for scheme as a template for generating
> the glue for perl. I hope I will get something working for the
> YAPC conference.

The problem of course is that a lot of the logic is inside the Guile
interface now and that this situation will only get worse (from your
point of view). I think that we should have a mechanism for letting
Guile and Perl talk to each other in a typesafe way. I have just
written down a project going in that direction for one of the Australian
students this winter. Maybe you can hack something together for
the conference, but the right solution will take more time.