Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Problem starting TeXmacs-1.0.0.15 under cygwin 1.

From: Marciano Siniscalchi
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Problem starting TeXmacs-1.0.0.15 under cygwin 1.3.12 with Guile 1.5.6
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:51:34 -0500

Hi, and sorry for the late reply.

Two things: (1) I have just taken up a new position, and as a consequence I do not currently have access to a machine with Cygwin, Xfree, and TeXmacs installed (the HD in my trusty 4-year old laptop is already bursting at the seams...). I hope I will have access to one soon enough, but for the time being I cannot offer any "hands-on" advice. Sorry!

(2) I have received at least one other message havign to do wiht tm ...15 and Guile. I suspect that the "official" Cygwin (i.e. setup.exe-based) guile package may create problems with tm (perhaps not only with version ...15, but I don't know for sure). I am (actually, "was") running Guile 1.4 built and installed from sources. Thus, all I can suggest for the time being is to try the following:
a. uninstall (using setup.exe) the Guile package
b. grab the Guile tarball (try the latest released version, just to make sure the issue is really with packaging, and not with guile itself). Build and install it---I believe 1.5.6 builds out of the box, as they have renamed the old and-let*.scm file to something else (at my and *many* other people's request)
c. rebuild TeXmacs.

Again, the above might not help: I have tm ...14 running with Guile 1.4 built from sources, and I know that previous versionsof tm following (I believe) 1.0.0.2 work as well, but I can't vouch for other combinations of tm and GUile.