[Texmacs-dev] Re: Contribution...

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Contribution...
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:32:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> > Just to let you know that I did not forget about your patches.
> > We are very busy with many things at this moment, so I did not
> > have time yet to take a careful look at them and include them
> > in the distribution. But this will surely be done later.
>    Ok, but instead of using the files.tar.gz I sent you please use the file
> attached to this mail. This files are for the 1.0.0.10 version. I've added
> some more commands to the LaTeX translator. And I've also added new
> mathematical environments in env-math.ts:
> - align and align*
> - gather and gather*
> - split and split*
> I've modified main-menu.scm to add these environments in the menu.
> For the moment number and unnumbered environments are the same.
>
> > Another thing: did you suscribe to address@hidden
>    Yes
>
> > If you are still interested in contributing to a better
> > LaTeX->TeXmacs converter (which would be very, very, useful),
> > then I might send a "batch" of my progress on rewriting
> > the Html->TeXmacs converter on this mailing list.
> > Even though this is easier than the LaTeX->TeXmacs converter,
> > this information might be very useful for you in order to
> > understand how things work and in order to learn Guile/Scheme.
>    All right, I would appreciate if you can add comments to your source files
> because understanding fromtex.cc and parsetex.cc without comments was not so
> easy ;)

Your contribution will be integrated in TeXmacs-1.0.0.14.
Notice that I made several changes:

* I left out the AMS-environments from the menus; at the moment
  they will only be supported for LaTeX -> TeXmacs conversions.
  I plan to come up with something more general and systematic
  in the future, which will replace these environments.

* I left out the part concerning \cite and \nocite,
  because (multiple) citations like \cite{first,second,...,last}
  are not handled correctly.

* The \label and \ref statements should *not* become inactive.

* Why are (ref label pageref) treated in a special way
  in latex_commands?

Thanks for your contribution, Joris