Re: [Texmacs-dev] Double licensing or exceptional clauses

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Double licensing or exceptional clauses
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:32:03 +0200 (MET DST)

> > Can you give me one good reason why the user should not be able
> > to determine the paint policy of a menu item?
>
> Yes, the font of the menus is a system wide settings everywhere but on
> Unix, letting TeXmacs use a different setting by default is bad.

I may want menu items with symbols or mathematical formulas, or pictures,
or whatever. A well designed GUI should leave this possibility open.

I will provide a user preference option for letting the user use
non-Metafont fonts. This will be default on platforms with a coherent
user interface like Mac OS, but disabled on X. You may not like this,
but I and many other users like it very much, so it will be kept
like that...