[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs-1.0.0.10 / Cygwin: Works!

From: Marciano Siniscalchi
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs-1.0.0.10 / Cygwin: Works!
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:26:12 -0400

The subject line says it all: despite the transition to the nogencc system, everything compiles, installs and runs out of the box (well, except that we still need to compile everything statically). Congrats to Joris and David!

My only comment is that the startup time seems a little slower than it used to be. Once the program starts, it is quite responsive.

A final [unrelated] note on "marketing": the real killer application of TeXmacs is preparing slides for presentations. Powerpoint and similar solutions are really not designed for math-intensive material. OTOH, LaTeX-based solutions are not sufficiently WYSIWYG (although, for slides at least, something like Whizzytex helps a lot). TeXmacs has the best of both worlds.

Marciano Siniscalchi Department of Economics, 309 Fisher Hall
tel: (609) 258-4024  Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544-1021
fax: (609) 258-6419  http://www.princeton.edu/~marciano