[Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs + CVS

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs + CVS
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 22:08:18 +0200 (MET DST)

> I think I will no longer hestiate and follow the tip on savannah.gnu.org for
> cvs-newbies and ask someone to show me the way.
> Could you send me the command-lines to download the cvs-sources and the one
> upload my changes?

Hi,

(Please send further questions to the texmacs-dev mailing list;
in fact, you may even suscribe to it;
the reply may be faster, since some of us may be on holidays :^)

I did the following thing myself.

1. I added the following to my .bash_profile

        export address@hidden:/webcvs/
        export CVS_RSH=ssh
        export CVSEDITOR="emacs -nw"

2. In order to download the cvs site, I do

        cvs -z3 co -P software/texmacs-doc

I will be prompted for a password in order to proceed.

3. I may now edit the existing files or add new ones using

        cvs add <file>

4. When done, I issue a

        cvs commit

I have to add a comment about which changes I made.
At each time I have to retype my password; this is a pain and
there should be certain cvs-frontends; maybe someone can explain
us how to use them. I plan to add such a frontend to TeXmacs during
autumn or so.