Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling on Itanium / version 1.0.0.7

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling on Itanium / version 1.0.0.7
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 09:42:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here is a the relevant portion of configure.in for GNU/Linux on Itanium:
>
>  ia64-*-linux-gnu*)
>     AC_MSG_RESULT(final setup for an Itanium/GNU-Linux host)
>     CONFIG_OS="ia64-gnu-linux"
>     CONFIG_CX="$X_CFLAGS"
>     CONFIG_LSTATIC="-static"
>     CONFIG_LSHARED="-shared"
>     CONFIG_LPATH="-Wl,-rpath,"
>     CONFIG_LX="$X_LIBS -lXext -lX11"
>     CONFIG_BSTATIC=""
>     CONFIG_BSHARED="-shared"
>     CONFIG_BPATH="-Wl,-rpath,"
>     CONFIG_BX="$X_LIBS -lXext -lX11"
>     CONFIG_WORD_LENGTH="8"
>     CONFIG_WORD_LENGTH_INC="7"
>     CONFIG_WORD_MASK="0xfffffffffffffff8"
>     CONFIG_MAX_FAST="264 // WORD_LENGTH more than power of 2"
>   ;;
>
> in fact it is the same as for alpha GNU/Linux. Also, I had to
> compile as STATIC_TEXMACS since both default and MIXED_TEXMACS
> gave me a segmentation fault.
>
> I used CXXFLAGS="-O2". Compiler was gcc 2.96.
>
> Sine Itanium is an Intel processor I suggest to change the
> message line for i*86 into something like
>
>   i*86-*-linux-gnu* | i*86-*-freebsd*)
>     AC_MSG_RESULT(final setup for an Intel *86/GNU-linux host)

Thanks for the information.
We will support the itanium platform in version 1.0.0.7.

I finally decided that version 1.0.0.7 will still contain gencc,
because I made too many changes in the meantime.
We will try to operate David's changes between
version 1.0.0.7 and 1.0.0.8.

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage