[Texmacs-dev] Re: SGI ?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: SGI ?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:16:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, C.Fanin wrote:

> Hallo,
>    I see TeXmacs growing and I'm following the process with interest.
> As a employer in a public research institution I'm particularly attracted
> from the program capabilities.
> But I can't change my hardware, a very comfortable SGI Mips box, neither his
> proprietary compiler.
> I suggest you to extend the compilation environ to others compilers from gcc,
> if possible.
> Really it could be not so difficult and bringing to a more robust code.
> Last one, the program could be run on my box too...
> Best regards,
> C. Fanin

Thanks for your nice email. At the moment we are operating a major
internal switch inside TeXmacs, which might make it easier to port
TeXmacs to other Unix platforms in the near future. When we have
finished our switch, would it be possible for one of our developers
to have an account on your machine (if we can't find one on
a compile farm), so that we can figure out the porting?

Beswt wishes, Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage