[Texmacs-dev] Re: double byte languages

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: double byte languages
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:19:40 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Robert Lie wrote:

> My knowledge about the CJK package is very limited, so what I say
> following may be
> uncorrect. According my point of view, CJK is only a package exactly as
> other packages
> as "graphicx". It defines an environment named CJK, such that if you
> write a latex file
> as
>
> \begin{CJK}{charset_name}{font_name}
>
> some text in charset_name
>
> \end{CJK}
>
> the text in the CJK environment are explained as the language in
> charset_name. I think
> the CJK package requires font from the X system because the package
> comes without
> its own fonts. Are these the information you needed?

Well, the point is that I need to be able to LaTeX a Chinese sample
text first on my machine before doing anything else.
Indeed, I will need the Chinese fonts from TeX in order to support
Chinese in TeXmacs. This presupposes that is easy for
the user to install Chinese support for LaTeX.

Just putting the lines you suggest don't suffice for me.
What I need is very precise information on which packages to install
(by preference rpm's for me) and a sample text which compiles fine for you.
After that, I may start working (although I can't promise any time table)...