Re: Info reader fails to find cross-references to anchors

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info reader fails to find cross-references to anchors
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 22:44:40 +0300

> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:35:19 +0100
> From: Gavin Smith <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Say we open an Info file with CR-LF line endings where the CR bytes
> are not counted in the tag table. The first node we open we manage to
> find using the small slack (about 4 bytes), acting as if the CR bytes
> are counted.

The slack could help with nodes, where you have the name of the node
to search for, but it cannot help with anchors, where all you have is
the position, which therefore needs to be accurate.

So why not strip the CRs to begin with, and not rely on any slack?

(Btw, that small slack will fail if the preamble uses non-ASCII
characters, no?)