[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [platform-testers] texinfo pretest

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] texinfo pretest
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 18:05:14 +0100

On 17 May 2015 at 16:26, Gavin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to search the Web for information but everyone has said so
> far "use GNU make instead". :-(

If only the error message was more informative. I've got as far as
looking at the source code:

I haven't figured it out yet. I'm surprised that noone else on the
webpages I've been able to look at has explained how to fix this

However, I noticed one strange thing in po/Makefile:

# These options get passed to xgettext.

The "$_" there leads to an attempted expansion of the "_" variable. It should be



When I run "make update-po", indeed the $_ has disappeared:

case `/usr/bin/xgettext --version | sed 1q | sed -e 's,^[^0-9]*,,'` in \
  '' | 0.[0-9] | 0.[0-9].* | 0.1[0-5] | 0.1[0-5].* | 0.16 | 0.16.[0-1]*) \
    /usr/bin/xgettext --default-domain=texinfo --directory=.. \
      --add-comments=TRANSLATORS: -cTRANSLATORS --keyword=_
--keyword=N_ --keyword=__ -k__ -k\/usr/bin/make_ -k%__ -k__x -k__n:1,2
-k__nx:1,2 -k__xn:1,2 -kN__ -

The $_ has been substituted by "/usr/bin/make"! This is clearly wrong,
so I'll change it, and hopefully that'll fix it for FreeBSD make.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]