Re: t/results update

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: t/results update
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 02:10:22 +0100

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 12:23:07AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> So I installed the Perl modules to run the t/tests, and regenerated the
> results with maintain/all_tests generate, thanks to Patrice's
> documentation.  It seems that many of the results were not previously
> committed ... I just committed everything (except the *.new files, which
> seem like a different problem).  If that was wrong and the results
> shouldn't be committed, no problem to undo, of course.

What should be committed are the reference results, which are in
tests/*/res_*.  The *.new files should never be committed, as they are
the newly obtained results that should be compared to the references.
But there are no *.new files in tests, they are in t/.  In t/, the
references are in results/*/*.pl and results/*/*/res_*/.

--
Pat