version number for next release

From: Karl Berry
Subject: version number for next release
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:40:47 GMT

Gavin, Patrice,

make distcheck is working now, another step toward the release.
I'm going to try updating gnulib next.

On another front, I'm tempted to propose making the next texinfo release
6.0.  Although the language has barely changed, the new awk
implementation of texindex and sweeping changes to standalone info seem
worth marking.  Reactions?

Also, since it seems there is no ETA for a makeinfo implementation of
the Info node quoting spec that Gavin wrote (Patrice ...?), we should
remove that from that manual.  (We can put it back after.)

The only other small thing I have on my mind is tweaking makeinfo to
be able to replace all (dir) links with something user-specified, not
just TOP_NODE_UP.  I'll look at that soon if neither of you get there
first.

Thanks,