Re: makeinfo test suite

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: makeinfo test suite
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 23:07:08 GMT

    Maybe CSS for elements shouldn't be output unless they are actually

That would mean parsing the whole document and figuring out what all the
output was going to be instead of simply outputting a fixed preamble text.
Doesn't sound appealing to me.

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2014-11/msg00037.html).

Well, I didn't go back and prove it, but I think his report is
incorrect.  Of course pre.menu-{comment,preformatted} aren't going to be
used in every document, just like every other CSS element.  But I presume
if a menu actually contains commentary and/or preformatted text (many
won't), then they would be used.

Karl