Re: pod2texi and markup in section name

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: pod2texi and markup in section name
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 00:15:26 +0200

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 05:12:31PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> Consider the three-line pod:

> =head1 mysec I<myital>
>
> L<whatever|/mysec I<myital>>.
>
> The Texinfo made from running Pod-Simple-Texinfo/pod2texi.pl
> contains this:

> @node mysec @emph{myital}
> ..
> @ref{mysec myital, whatever, whatever}.
>
> Thus, the I<> was interpreted inside the =head, but not inside the L<>
> section name.

I agree that it is suboptimal.  However, it is quite hard to correct.
Indeed, Pod::Simple::PullParser only pass the first argument, here,
"whatever" through the parsing method.  It also gives the raw argument,
"whatever|/mysec I<myital>", but it would certainly be a bit painfull to
reparse.  It also gives "mysec myital" as plain text, certainly with the
aim to allow HTML anchors to be produced or something like that.

So, it would be possible to get things perfect, but not that easy.  Should
I try?

--
Pat