Re: docbook generation problem with @image

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: docbook generation problem with @image
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:46:37 +0200

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 05:18:33PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Arnold,
>
> Ok for that case, but we need to know generally which image formats
> Docbook prefers, in order.  The complete list we look for with Docbook
> is (alphabetically):
>
>   'eps', 'gif', 'jpeg', 'jpg', 'pdf', 'png', 'svg'
>
> 1) Are all of those formats actually usable in Docbook?
> 2) Can you tell us the priority order in which to look for them?
> 3) If none are found, what to do?  Just include nothing and give a warning?
>
> With that, we (i.e., Patrice :) can easily change the output so that
> only the "best" format is referred to.

As DocBook may be later transformed to another format, I think that we
should give all the formats.  in any case, it seems to me the intent of
DocBook.

 http://oreilly.com/openbook/docbook/book/inlinemediaobject.html

  The primary purpose of the InlineMediaObject is to provide a wrapper
  around a set of alternative presentations of the same information.

We could have an more sensible order, though.

--
Pat