Re: useing NFC for unicode?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: useing NFC for unicode?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:48:33 +0200

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:09:38AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     what the user put in his source?
>
> I'm still not sure what you're thinking about.  Do you mean if the user
> actually uses Unicode characters in the input, as opposed to Texinfo
> commands?

Exactly.  If the user uses Unicode characters in the input, then the
output will have those characters put in NFC, in HTML and Info.

> In any case, since we haven't received any reports about it (or am I
> forgetting something?), I'm not inclined to worry about it.

My wild guess is that 'real' manuals with Unicode are still not very
common, given that
* real support for utf8/Unicode is not that recent (and not complete
  in TeX if I recall well)
* Unicode/i18n support is partial
* there is no clear support of translated manuals, especially in
  contexts where some support may be relevant, for instance in cross
  manuals links or Info manual installation and selection.

So the lack of report is certainly not representative of the bugs and
misfeatures Unicode related, more likely representative of the lack of
uses.

--
Pat