Re: unnumbered sections numbered

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: unnumbered sections numbered
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:39:04 +0200

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 03:40:42PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> I think S should not have any number, as if it were @unnumberedsec.
> C makeinfo did it that way.
>
> (The common install.texi file uses this sort of construct.  The presence
> or absence of nodes makes no difference to the output, I left them out
> just to make it minimal.)
>
> Wdyt?

I am pretty sure that issue came up already, though I don't remember the
exact details.  I think that what is more important, rather than doing
as makeinfo in C, is being consistent with TeX.  I'll have a look.

My recalling was that I implemented what you suggest, but I don't
remember that clearly, and if the test shows something different, it may
be that I missed something.

--
Pat