Re: switching to subversion

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: switching to subversion
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:58:18 GMT

    There is some issue with the mime types that lead svn to consider text
    files to be binary files.

I can fix things up, but how/where are you seeing this?  On Windows?

I did tell cvs2svn to use a mime.types file in the conversion, but
evidently that only affected non-text files, so no mime-type (or
svn:eol-style, which is what usually matters) was set for most files
everything binary.

In my other svn repositories I typically don't bother to set any
mime-type or eol-style on most files and haven't run into problems.  In
the one repo that people use on Windows (TeX Live), yeah, I have to set
eol-style on everything (and it's a pain).

Thanks,