Re: scope of recusrsive @syn*index

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: scope of recusrsive @syn*index
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:08:28 -0700

    Should funcsconcepts entries be formatted s code or not?  This is the
    case right now, but my first guess would be that it is incorrect.

I also think it should be roman, because of the
 @synindex funcsconcepts funcs

That is, it seems logical that the future @syncodeindex for funcs
shouldn't affect other indexes that have been previously redirected to
funcs.  I haven't checked what texinfo.tex does ...

(This is another case where it seems to me the Texinfo language got
unnecessarily complicated.  It would be tons simpler to understand if
the font used for entries in a given index was defined by the
@def[code]index once and for all, and @synindex simply combined indexes
without affecting fonts, and so @syncodeindex would be unnecessary.  I
suspect someone couldn't be bothered to implement (or maybe think about)
the right thing umpteen years ago, and now we're stuck with supporting
it.  Sigh.  Anyway.)