Re: @table without @item

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: @table without @item
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:09:10 GMT

Patrice,

Regarding the @table without @item craziness.

I tried various combinations of
@table @w  or  @table @asis
and
@item @w{}  or @item @asis{}

The marker is indeed empty, and it works ok in Info and HTML as far as I
can see, but there is extra vertical blank space in TeX, which is not
desirable (and not surprising).

It shouldn't be too hard to eliminate that unwanted space with an empty
marker.  On the other hand, I don't really see a reason not to use
@quotation.  It seems better to me in every way for the actual use in
the gdb manual.

Wdyt?

I was hoping to resolve this, or at least (you and I) agree on a plan
for it, before the pretest.  Now I'm going to be offline most of this
week, so it doesn't make sense to push it out today.  Probably next
weekend, I guess.