Unicode::EastAsianWidth::InFullwidth

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Unicode::EastAsianWidth::InFullwidth
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 23:56:39 GMT

Patrice,

I was attempting to debug the obscure install-info test failure on AIX,
and came across a failure with Perl when attempting to build
texinfo(.info) during the build:

  Can't find Unicode property definition
  "Unicode::EastAsianWidth::InFullwidth" at
  ../tp/Texinfo/Convert/Paragraph.pm line 330.

Line 330 is:
   if ($text =~ s/^(\s+)//) {

Hmm.

This is with LC_ALL and LANG both unset (and I guess perl falls back to
"C" in that case.)

The Perl on this machine is ancient, 5.8.0.  And perhaps it is
incompletely installed, I'm not sure.  And it's a proprietary system
anyway.  But still, I wondered if you saw something obvious to try.

karl