a tentative plan for the after release

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: a tentative plan for the after release
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 23:00:08 +0200

Hello,

Here is what I think could be a possible plan for the work on texi2any
after the release.  Numbers are consecutives, letters are parallel.
Dependencies of an item are listed in a parenthesis following the
item number.letter.

1.a settle on the fate of Info versus HTML/Docbook/sexp-based output
    and, if Info is retained as is, decide how things should be escaped
    in node and cross-ref names
1.b remove the need for an @iftex at the beginning of document.  Cf my mail
    on this list
1.c determine how marksource material should appear in the tree (macro
    begin and end expansion location, include files, @ at end of @def*
    lines, etc.)
1.d add the possibility to add @-commands to be processed by the Parser
    in customization files
1.e work with Guido on the customization of translations

2.a (1.d, 1.e, certainly 1.c, maybe 1.b) stabilize the HTML API, document it
2.b (1.a) handle protection of escaped stuff in Info depending on 1.a

3.a (1.b) LaTeX backend
3.b (1.a) do the stuff agreed on 1.a that concerns other formats
3.c (1.c) actually implement marksource
3.d (2.a, 1.e) work on lilypond, to have lilypond use texi2any

The items that may be postponed to a later release are, in my opinion,
3.a and 3.c.  If 1.a is postponed, the dependent tasks should be
postponed too.

Any comment, remark?

--
Pat