Re: cust.vars in manual vs. code

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: cust.vars in manual vs. code
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:33:56 +0200

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 06:19:10PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     This is done, in util/txicustomvars.
>
> So I wrote the little doc/refcard/txivarcheck to compare the list of
> cust.vars implemented vs. documented.
>
> Should any of these be added to the manual, or removed from the code?
> (Any that remain can be just excluded from the comparison as a special
> case.)

I have filtered out the variables that are already documented in the
Parser.pm file and should not, in my opinion, be documented in the
manual.

I also removed the variables that are hashes or arrays that should be
documented in the API documentation, maybe, but not in the manual.
We're down to:

tp only 10: DEFAULT_ENCODING ENCODING_NAME IGNORE_PREAMBLE_TEXT
IN_ENCODING SILENT SPLIT_INDEX TOP_NODE_UP_URL TRANSLITERATE_FILE_NAMES
documentdescription setfilename

I'll have a more precise look.

--
Pat