perl customization interface stability

From: Karl Berry
Subject: perl customization interface stability
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:53:51 GMT

     @chapter @command{texi2any} Output Customization

    address@hidden
    address@hidden Warning
    +The information displayed here is likely to change in the future.
    +In particular, the functions and their behavior may change in any
    +Texinfo release.
    address@hidden quotation
    address@hidden cartouche

Must we shout this so loudly?  There are hardly any functions described
in the following -- set_from_init_file, get_conf, and gdt are all I saw
at a glance.  Can't we call those "stable"?  What is it that's "likely
to change"?

Besides, the intro text to that chapter mentions many more things which
we intentionally aren't documenting yet because they're not "stable".
So if we say that what *is* in the manual now isn't stable either
.. well, I don't get it.