Re: Problems building the coreutils info documentation with the developm

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Problems building the coreutils info documentation with the development version of makeinfo
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 22:29:51 GMT

Hi Stefano,

    coreutils.texi:2207: @itemx must follow @item

I imagine the diagnostic is correct.  @itemx must follow @item.
Otherwise the TeX output is wrong.  Previous makeinfo unfortunately did
not warn about this.  The solution is to fix the manual :).

    coreutils.texi:9888: warning: Node next `chown invocation' in menu `touch
invocation' and in sectioning `chgrp invocation' differ

Would have to see the source.  Looks like the menus list the nodes in a
different order than they actually appear, and/or the master menu (can't
remember if coreutils.texi has one) differs from the real menu.

P.S. I took bug-coreutils out of cc simply because I didn't want to deal
with "opening" a bug report (doesn't it require the bug number somewhere
to append)?  Please forward so it does the right thing, if you like.