gdb manual woes

From: Karl Berry
Subject: gdb manual woes
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 21:35:13 GMT

Hi Patrice,

FYI, the GDB manual fails with Perl makeinfo.  I expect it is using
"wrong" constructs, but didn't look into it.  Can you do that, and
send a report/patch to the gdb maintainers?  (Sorry if I already asked
you to do this, it just came up again since I installed 7.4.1.)

$ tar xf gdb-7.4.1.tar.bz2
$ cd gdb-7.4.1
$ ./configure && make && make install
makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --split-size=5000000  -DHAVE_MAKEINFO_CLICK -I
./../../readline/doc -I ./../mi -I . \
        -o gdb.info ./gdb.texinfo
./gdb.texinfo:4827: @itemx must follow @item
./gdb.texinfo:5722: @itemx must follow @item
./gdb.texinfo:21859: warning: @table has text but no @item
.. lots more ...

(The manual only gets remade at make install, which seems like a bug in
itself, but ... can't fix the whole world.)

Thanks,
Karl