Re: --debug documentation, output

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: --debug documentation, output
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:54:11 -0700

    As far as I can remember there is no meaning at all.
    If I recall well, the tree is printed each time
    there is a new line, which is quite verbose!

Indeed.  If one is actually deeply debugging the parser specifically, I
can see that that can be useful, but otherwise ...  how about with
--debug=1, the tree is not printed,
--debug=10 (or more), the tree is printed at the end of the run,
--debug=100 (or more), the tree is printed at each newline.

All other messages could continue be printed with any value, as they are
now.

I don't feel strongly about those values (maybe they should be
bit-oriented), or indeed about the whole thing, just an idea.

Thanks,