Re: master menu

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: master menu
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:43:28 -0800

    What is the master menu

See node "Master Menu Parts" in the texinfo manual.
See also the help string in Emacs for the texinfo-master-menu function.
Yes, it is essentially the
@detailmenu
--- The Detailed Node Listing ---
..
@end detailmenu

    Maybe we could state that the structure is always the chapter name
    in menu titles, and if the user changes the strings, these changes
    won't be kept?

Yes, that is fine.  texinfo-master-menu completely erases the
detailmenu before updating it, so there's no expectation that users can
make permanent changes there.

I just tried running t-m-m on texinfo.txi and it makes the mistake of
incorporating the structure under the "GNU Sample Texts" @verbatim
document.  I'm guessing that bug would be fixed for free with tp.

Thanks,
karl