Re: 5-arg xref to Top w/o 3rd arg

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: 5-arg xref to Top w/o 3rd arg
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 01:41:34 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 01:16:13PM -0800, Karl Berry wrote:
>     But other output formats may be affected, at least docbook and HTML
>     which nowadays are more similar with TeX output than with info.
>
> So ... can you make those changes to Docbook and HTML a la what I just
> did to texinfo.tex, if not already done?  ("See @cite{The GNU Emacs
> Manual}" when no node/section name is given.)  My ad hoc test file is
> below.

In html, the current result is clearly bad when there is not node
name.  In that case, I think the url should be on the manual name.
But when there is a Top node, I think that it would be better to keep
is as the url text, and also as the url target, while if there is no
node name, there could not be any target in the url as well.  Would
you prefer the automatic removal of Top node to be in html too instead
of keeping two cases?

For DocBook, it seems to me that it makes sense to remove the Top
node from the citation message, ok?

--
Pat