Re: an implementation of pod2texi

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: an implementation of pod2texi
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:21:03 -0800

    http://pertusus.free.fr/Pod-Simple-Texinfo-0.01.tar.gz

That is great!

Can you show me the result from the parallel pod, or (much bigger) the
perl pods?  Sorry, but I'm sure it will be much faster for you to send
me the files than if I try to get it all working here right nw ...

    Should it be part of texinfo?  A separate GNU project?  Just something
    that is available on CPAN?

I see no reason for it not to be part of Texinfo.  Indeed, it would be
very useful there.  And also part of any CPAN upload that we make.

    somehow to incorporate the pod documentation I made for the tp perl
    modules to the main texinfo manual or (more likely) another manual
    for backend developpers?

Yes, we should do it one way or the other.  Which way partly depends on
how many pages we're talking about.  I would guess it's a lot?

Thanks as always, Patrice.

karl