tetum-translators

[Tetum-translators] Aspell Tetum dictionary

From: Peter Gossner
Subject: [Tetum-translators] Aspell Tetum dictionary
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:58:08 +0930

G'day all,
Over these last few weeks work has been progressing on a Tetum package
for use with Aspell.
http://aspell.sourceforge.net/

A provisional version is available for assessment and testing at:

http://borel.slu.edu/aspell-tet-0.50.1-0.tar.bz2

Of interest to lexicographers etc
May well be .

http://borel.slu.edu/tet.html
http://borel.slu.edu/

This list of web pages is a by-product of the automated construction of
a "corpus" of Tetum by an extremely well though out crawler built by
Kevin Patrick Scannel <address@hidden>
http://borel.slu.edu/

Both Kevins (Aspells developer is also a Kevin) have been VERY helpful.

It would be great if we could get some userland feedback and / or
commentary critique.

The crawler that scours the planet looking for tetum words and phrases
does not understand "Official Versions" it just finds tetum words, in
venacular. The list is then hand surveyed and corrections are fed into
the crawler and the word list.

The point is the higher the quality of input the (seemingly
exponentially) higher quality of the final list.
My Tetum is extremely limited.

Of some 400,000 possibilities I/we have only included some 8000.
Of note is that the engine seems well able to differentiate between
Tetum, Portuguese Spanish and English. (well Klingon for that matter as
well)

This will all soon have a permanent home on the tetum site (see sig).
(not yet).

Please direct all abuse to me and not the Kevins !
(the quality is my fault).

Peter Gossner

--
Message Composed: Fri May 28 03:28:01 UTC 2004
Calendar events:

< http://www.gnu.org/software/tetum/ >
< http://bigbutton.com.au/~gossner >
< address@hidden >