taler

Re: [Taler] note to 035-regional-currencies.rst

From: Calvin Burns
Subject: Re: [Taler] note to 035-regional-currencies.rst
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 02:44:29 +0000

On Wed, 03/15/2023 12:42:52 PM,  Marc Stibane wrote:

> > On 15.03.2023, at 12:13, Calvin Burns via Taler <taler@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > What use is GNU Taler if it is just another tech make-up on
> > top of a corrupting and corrupt credit/ledger system?
>
> GNU Taler is agnostic to such questions. You can use it with the current
> “FIAT” currencies where money is created by credit, or with crypto currencies
> where money is mined, or with YOUR money system where money always serves the
> people and not rich investors.
> Please establish such a system and we will support it in GNU Taler.
>
> Marc

That's true, sorry. In addition if GNU Taler would be used than the payment
system would respects privacy which can't be said from the current digital
payment system or from what central banks are doing (Nigeria) or planning [1].
I think Blackrock is an adviser for the ECB.  Last time I looked the companies
in [1] were co-owned by Blackrock.  Now those companies plan a CBDC possible in
the interest of corporations and banks which again are co-owned by Blackrock.
It is not understandable why the ECB does not at least try GNU Taler.

[1] https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/intro/news/html/ecb.mipnews220916.en.html