taler

Re: [Taler] syllabus

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] syllabus
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 19:37:55 +0200

Hi Calvin,

I think you need at least a good GNU/Linux system administrator training
(Web server (nginx or Apache), databases (Postgres), key management
(TLS), network configuration (IP, DNS), backup, and of course software
installation). If you train people with those skills, they should be
able to setup Taler.

For the governance question, my personal belief is that it would be key
to really involve the local government and start the process by funding
public works from the seigniorage while at the same time ensuring the
tokens have money by having the government accept these
tokens for taxes and fees.  You should also probably look at

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banco_Palmas

for inspiration.

Best regards,

Christian