taler

Re: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 00:00:45 +0530

On 4/13/20 11:31 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> I'm more worried about search + delete. How can we nicely we fit 'select
> for deletion' and 'confirm deletion'? Having to enter each single order
> to delete them individually is IMO not acceptable. Power-users may even
> want something like delete all purchases "like these" (and specify say
> merchant + maximum amount). At least I don't see a good reason to keep
> my lunch history for the last decade in my wallet, so convenient
> deletion will be important ;-).

This is probably not a use case we should focus on right now, but if we
do, we can steal what gmail does there.  Here's what it does:

1. You enter search criterea (including more advanced semantic filters)
in the search box, and it'll show you a paginated list of all results.
2. When you click the "select all" symbol (above the column that
indicates selection), all results on the *current* page are selected
3. Some small will appear at the top, saying "select all conversations
that match this search".  You click this.
4. Now you can click the "delete" button.

So you can either delete every page of results manually or to a bulk delete.

- Florian