taler

Re: [Taler] Taler prioritizes nonfree browser

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: Re: [Taler] Taler prioritizes nonfree browser
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 10:26:59 -0500

On Thu, 2017-11-23 at 05:07 -0600, Caleb Herbert wrote:
> I have found an issue in Taler's documentation.

Yes, the documentation should be changed to ensure FireFox always gets
at least equal footing.

As an aside, it's a historical accident that Chrome got preferential
treatment:  We switched Taler to Chrome's WebExtension when Mozilla
announced their plans to abandon XUL for their own flavor of
WebExtension, but this means Taler only worked on Chrome for most of the
development process, and the FireFox, etc. support was added only later
when Mozilla had made enough progress on their WebExtension effort.

Jeff