taler

Re: [Taler] Tor Browser

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Tor Browser
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 23:27:02 +0200

On 06/01/2016 10:37 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > I doubt we want anything there, except perhaps a correctly done
>   > "payments" hook that allows us to hide that Taler is installed.
>
> Could this help make Taler work with NO Javascript?
>
> It is a bad thing to make a user run a program that
> comes straight off someone else's server!

I think this is something Jeff and Florian could try to take into the
W3c discussions. If the W3c standardizes a way without JS to trigger a
Web payment, that would be great.

However, until browsers do support such a standard, I think the only
reasonable choice we have is to require JavaScript to be enabled.