sysvinit-devel

[sysvinit-devel] So close

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: [sysvinit-devel] So close
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:09:56 -0400

A few hours ago I wrote up the release notes for sysvinit-2.92 and it
looks like I might have jumped the gun by about two hours. A bug was
reported just now against the beta which pointed out pidof (in 2.92)
does not properly omit given PIDs when the "-o" flag is used. This is
due to a typo in the 2.92 code. the bug does not exist in sysvinit-2.91.

Attached is a patch which fixes the problem. Right now I'm not sure if
I'll publish a 2.93 update right away to fix the bug, or wait until the
next release to address this. Either way, for anyone building 2.92, the
attached patch fixes the bug in pidof. It would be a good idea to
include this in any packages based on the sysvinit-2.92 code.

- Jesse