sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Sysvinit-devel Digest, Vol 55, Issue 6

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Sysvinit-devel Digest, Vol 55, Issue 6
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:12:55 -0300

If I understand correctly, what you are suggesting is we leave the
console= flag in place, as it is now. But whether init acts on it or not
will be controlled by a second parameter called init.autocon. If
init.autocon is not set to 1, then init will ignore the console= kernel
parameter. Is that correct?

The only potential problem I see with this approach would be if someone
wanted the kernel to set up a console on one device and init to set up a
console on another device. This seems unlikely, but I wonder if it's
possible someone would want to do that? I wouldn't want to introduce a
fix that prevents people from having both options if they want it.

Jesse