sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Migrating from subversion to git

From: Guillem Jover
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Migrating from subversion to git
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:10:58 +0100

Hi!

On Sun, 2018-02-18 at 09:03:50 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > Unfortunately I was not able to replace the 'master' branch in
> > sysvinit.git with the migrated history, so that history is in the
> > 'newmaster' branch.  I've asked the savannah admins to replace master
> > with newmaster in
>
> This is now done.
>
> > Once that is in place, I plan to remove the subversion content with a
> > commit explaining that the content is migrated to git.
>
> The subversion trunk/ directories are now empty, and I consider the
> migration from subversion to git complete.  I hope someone also consider
> it a success.

I've had pending taking a peek at sysvinit upstream given the several
requests for help, and that I use it one some of my systems, including
GNU/Hurd and GNU/kFreeBSD ones.

Thanks for doing the conversion! I was preparing some cleanup commits
for things I spotted last time I looked, and it seems the conversion
might be missing some stuff?

The tag is not present in the master branch, but on a detached HEAD.
Also I had a Debian packaging repo laying around and it seems that
goes further (oldest commit 2004?) than this upstream conversion
(oldest commit 2009).

To get patches, do you prefer them coming over the mailing list?

Thanks,
Guillem