[Synaptic-devel] CVS -> Subversion

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] CVS -> Subversion
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:03:51 -0200

Hello everyone!

I'm writting to let you know that we're moving Synaptic's CVS repository
to a Subversion repository. What does it mean? Well, it depends on how
you relate to the Synaptic project:

To the main developers, it means that our development experience will be
funnier, and that it will be easier to handle branching, tagging,
rolling back, moving files and directories, and all those operations
that Subversion does so well.

To casual hackers (translators, etc) and snapshot packagers, it means
that you'll have to learn how to use Subversion to checkout and commit
code to the Synaptic repository.

To other users, it means that you'll have more enhancements in less
time, since we'll be able to more easily work on the repository.

Moving process
--------------

Please!! If you have CVS access, DO NOT commit anything else to the
old CVS repository. It will either be lost, or we'll have to generate
a patch and reapply it in the new repository.

Repository location

We'll be moving to the Subversion repository at

https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/

Right now, it's empty. Everything should be done in the next day or so.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]