Re: [Synaptic-devel] Download window not showing proper UTF-8 code

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Download window not showing proper UTF-8 code
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:33:39 +0100

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 10:29:44PM +0800, Anthony Fok wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> While updating the Chinese translation, I ran into two little problems:
>
>   1. In the download window, there seems to be a field that displays UTF-8
>      characters as raw bytes.  Please see screenshot.

Thanks. This is a leftover from the gtk1->gtk2
transition. gdk_draw_string() does not work very well under gtk2. I
changed the code to pango, I hope this problem is fixed in the current
cvs version.

>   2. The "Help->About" dialog box doesn't actually pick up the translation
>      from the PO file.  It appears that other languages show the same
>      problem.

I think this is a problem of the gtk->glade transition. I changed the
layout of the glade files. Now only the glade files that are actually
used are included in the translation file. I hope this makes the life
of the translators easier.

Thanks for the typo patch and the updated po file. Both are in CVS
now.

bye,
 Michael

--
"Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are."
        -- Martin Schulze