Re: [Swftools-common] Debian package

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Debian package
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 20:14:10 +0000

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:11:26 -0500
Juan Fernando Jaramillo <address@hidden> wrote:

> I read that this package was in Debian, but in Debian exist the RFP of this
> package, my intention is to try to pack this one, but in [1] say that it
> must be ported to use poppler or disable pdf support (that i think is not so
> attractive), I was seeing the code, and I found that the main source to port
> is pdf2swf that was made by Matthias Kramm, and in the code I found the
> reference to one header lib/pdf.h. This is the library to replace by
> poppler? I don't believe, if some one have any idea, please help me.

The issue you face is one of license incompatibility between PDFLib, and Debian.
It prevents you packaging the SWFTools software for the distribution.

Your only alternative is to link against an alternative and Open Source'd pdf
library, see,

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software#Development_libraries

and the wiki,

   http://wiki.swdtools.org

or disable pdf support completely.

This topic has reared it's ugly head before, so you can also check the Mailing
List
archives:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/

and in particular,