[Swftools-common] bug in swfcombine when replacing frames

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] bug in swfcombine when replacing frames
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:26:28 +0100

Hi Matthias,

from the first time I invoked swfcombine to replace a frame, I have always experienced a weird bug.

What I'm experiencing is that swfcombine doesn't replace frames cleanly:

swfcombine source-presentation.swf -f "#2"=new-slide.swf -o final-presentation.swf

I need to use the -m (--merge) option, otherwise I will have the new slide not removed if I go back to the previous slide. But I still have new slide on the next slide.

If I use the -l (--overlay) option, I solve the problem in the next slide, but the new slide isn't deleted when going back to the previous slide.

And using both gives the same result as using -l.

Replacing a single slide shouldn't show the new slide when going to next or previous slides (such as it happens with the original replaced slide).

Would you be so kind to fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--