Re: [Swftools-common] wav2swf

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] wav2swf
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:36:19 +0200

>On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:01:51 +0100
>address@hidden wrote:

> Quoting Chris <address@hidden>:

> Re: - wav2swf is a conversion utility designed for a specific job. Since it
> wasn't
> meant to be an player application, why would it need a progress bar?

> As a swf is being generated and swfs can be invoked by players then I don't
> see
> why a progress bar or  a frame count could not be included as an option for
> those
> who want it (i.e. me!)  ... :)

Because, wav2swf produces an SWF file that contains *audio data only*, nothing
else.

I see no reason why one could not add a command switch to wrap this audio data
in
a player swf.  This can be done using swfcombine.  That was what I suggested,
and
there is some code flying this way shortly as an example.

As an aside to your comment..

A kettle boils water, right?  It doesn't make tea or coffee. There is no reason
however why you can't wrap a kettle in something else, to make it do just that
extra task.  Then of course it becomes a completely different entity, as changes
it's name to a Teasmaid, or a Coffee Percolator!

Have I made my point clearly enough? ;o)

Chris.