[Swftools-common] Complex pdf files

From: Alexander Schoenfeld
Subject: [Swftools-common] Complex pdf files
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:33:39 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with some pdf files that give me the error
"This file is too complex to render- SWF only supports 65536 shapes at once".

I understand that SWF can't handle that much shapes, but is there a way to
reduce the shapes in the pdf (maybe another program)? I have Adobe Acrobat 9
but I don't know how to reduce the pdf.

Or can pdf2swf somehow handle these files? Which parameters should I use?

Here is a sample of the error output:
pdf2swf -G -f -i -p 1-9 "file 29.pdf" -o "page-temp-00%.swf"
NOTICE  outputting one file per page
NOTICE  processing PDF page 1 (595x842:0:0) (move:0:0)
NOTICE  File contains jpeg pictures
ERROR   ID Table overflow
ERROR   This file is too complex to render- SWF only supports 65536 shapes at
once

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Alexander