Re: [Swftools-common] What page format is required on ipad?

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] What page format is required on ipad?
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 23:44:29 +0200

On 21 May 2010 17:42, Dwight Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:
> This appears to just convert rendered SWF frames to MPEG4 frames. How can
> this be used to implement a document viewer?

Sorry, pasted incorrect link.

> On 5/21/10 12:16 PM, Chris Pugh wrote:
>> Then again, you could simply convert your swf files to one
>> of the preferred Apple formats.

By which I meant, why bang your head against a concrete wall trying to
take the awkward route?   Why attempt to use Flash? ( at least until
Apple relax their policies, or Adobe make the necessary changes ).

ePUB (  XML-based eBook format )  files have an open specification, and
can be created using open source tools,  and have several improvements
over pdf.  Random links,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-epubtut/section2.html

www.sf.net ( and search for epub! )

There are also exisitng tools, that will provide 'reader' functionalityy, and
also improve on what I understand to be the very basic pdf support that
the current iPad has.  For example,

     http://readdle.com/

     http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/popular-science/id364049283?mt=8

You could also start from scratch, the tools and information are there,

    http://developer.apple.com/ipad/sdk/index.html

Failing the above, try siding with the competition.. ;o)

https://thejoojoo.com/

Just random thouights.  Hope some help.

Rergards,

Chris.