Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf filename incrementing

From: DannyT
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf filename incrementing
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:30:09 +0100

Thanks Chris, that's the route I've gone down.

Bournemouth is good thanks, BIC and Pavilion still going strong, bracing ourselves for the summer months and the masses of 'staycationers' to the area.

On 14 May 2010 14:21, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14 May 2010 13:25, DannyT <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is probably more DOS help than swftools but hopefully someone can point
> me in the right direction:
>
> I know if I call pdf2swf with %.swf as the output then I'll get an
> incremental number as the filename for each page (1.swf, 2.swf, 3.swf etc).
>
> Is there anyway I can start this from a pre-determined number? I have
> several swf files that are all part of the same range so I want the
> numbering to continue rather than start from 1 for each pdf.
>
> Appreciate any suggestions :)
> Dan

Not that I know of without a patch ( though that is of course,
perfectly possible )!

Best way forward would be to let pdf2swf do it's own thing, dumping
the resultant
files into a separate directory if necessary.  Then ,use one of the many command
line batch rename utilities, i.e

http://www.1-4a.com/rename/download.htm ( random link )

out there to do the necessary - DOS Batch isn't exactly
straightforward or forgiving!

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.

PS  How is Bournemouth?  ( I used to work, albeit briefly, at both the
BIC/Pavilion,
      and volunteer at the SWR ) ;o)

--
http://danny-t.co.uk