Re: [Swftools-common] Wishes for the GUI

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Wishes for the GUI
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:01:48 +0100

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Gunivortus Goos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This may be in particular for Ricardo and Matthias,
> and for Chris, with who I just had a short private mail exchange........
>
> It was Chris, who motivated me, to post this to the list. :-)

You don't have to be afraid of posting ;)

> There are a few viewers in the GUI, none of them really sophisticated.
> They do not really fit to the design of my sites and they don't have
> options to change parts of the design.
> Therefore I like to have the options to
> - see a more book-alike use of the viewer (page flipping)
> - the options to choose for one or two pages at the screen (as a book)
> - option to (de)activate a page flipping sound
> - change the colors of the viewer-frame
> - change text, size, form and colors of the buttons
> - have an option to put on or off some background music
> - the option for smooth zooming with the mouse

It seems to me that all of this points are in the scope of a viewer
and not directly in the scope of gpdf2swf conversion tool.
If you know any swf viewer that can be used, let me know.
I can try to add it to gpdf2swf.

> Then, for the html page which the GUI creates, I like to have the option
> to add some html things, before the page is created..... again to make
> it fit to the design of a site.

You can modify the rfx template by editing the viewers/rfx.py and
change the string variable html_template. You just have to pay attention
when change the template to some vars in the form of %(var_name)s
I can guide you in this task if you need.

> I'm asking this here, because I'm not a coder, I'm a real Windows user,
> using preferrably WYSIWYG tools and wizards. (I've quite some step-by-
> step flash wizards..... to create photoalbums, newstickers,, menu builders,
> swf/flv streaming, textscrollers and complete site designers).
> But I do promote the tools I like. :-)
>
> Hope to get positive resonance.

If you have some spare time, you can make some testing, times to times and
report any misbehavior, I will fix them.

Also I would like to get some features requests about gpdf2swf tool itself,
not about viewers.

Regards,
Ricardo